Call us: 020 8297 4000
Email us:
Fax us: 020 8297 4090

Contact Order

A contact order requires the person with whom a child lives to allow that child to have contact with a person named in the order. To get contact with your children you need to apply to the court for a contact order if you cannot come to an agreement with their main carer. A contact order requires the person with whom the children live, or is to live, to allow that child/ren to visit or stay with the person named in the order, or for you to have some other form or contact with your child/ren.

With direct contact the arrangements need to include specific dates, times and venues for collection and drop off of the child/ren. Where there is a concern that the contact will have a possible impact on the child/ren, the court may direct that contact is via a contact centre and supervised.

A residence order is a court ruling on where a child will live. An order can be granted to more than one person and can be made jointly to an unmarried couple. It lasts until the child is 16 unless the circumstances of the case are exceptional and the court has ordered that it should continue for longer.

The child’s welfare is the court’s paramount consideration when looking at questions of contact and residence. The court has a duty to consider certain welfare issues such as:

  • the wishes and feelings of the child concerned
  • their physical, emotional and educational needs
  • the likely effect of any change in the child’s circumstances
  • the child’s age, sex, background and characteristics
  • any harm or risk of harm
  • the capability of both parents to meet the child’s needs

We can assist you through this whole process and ensure the arrangements are met and remain in place.

Amendment to Passport and Birth Certificates

Have you realised there is an error on your passport or birth certificate?  Have you recently changed your name and want to amend your passport?   Do you want to add your name to your child’s birth certificate?   We can  advice and assist you  through the whole process.   


Do you need a DNA test done to prove paternity or maternity? We have a range of DNA test providers who we instruct to carry out such test. Test results are accepted by the UK Border Agency and all Government bodies.