When a person dies, they usually leave an estate (including money, possessions and property).

In order to have access to the estate, the personal representatives(s) otherwise known as Executors of the deceased need to apply to the Probate Registry for a grant of representation (a grant).  The grant establishes who can legally collect money from banks, building societies and other organisations which hold assets belonging to the deceased person.

If the person left a will, you’ll get a ‘grant of probate’.

If the person did not leave a will, you’ll get ‘Letters of Administration’.

You can apply for a grant if you are over the age of 18 and:

You may not always need to apply for probate

Contact each asset holder (for example a bank or mortgage company) to find out if you’ll need probate to get access to their assets. Every organisation has its own rules.

Receive a quote
Our prices are very competitive and we are happy to send you a quote.
Simply call us on 020 8297 4000 or send an email to us at: for a quick today.